Top new features that you will get with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
In our earlier post we already discussed some of the features of the new Android 5.0 Lollipop. This new OS from Google comes with a variety of features and visual changes. Let us see what new features Android 5.0 Lollipop has to offer.[sc:raaa ]
1. With Android 5.0 Lollipop, Google has introduced a new “Material Design”, which we already discussed in our earlier post. This new Material Design is more colourful with vivid colors. This makes the UI look cleaner and gives the impression of moving paper strings stacked over each other
2. Another major change in the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS is that it’s on-screen navigation buttons now comes with simple geometrical shapes. Coming with a circular home button, a triangular back button and open apps button is now in square shape.
3. Now the notifications appear as white strips and its texts are now in dark in color. While, both notifications and quick settings toggles are part of a single screen.
4. Now with Android 5.0 Lollipop, open tabs in Chrome are also displayed with recent apps list. And instead of a vertical app switcher, the new menu is similar to a carousel one. Although, you can disable open Chrome tabs from showing up in the recent apps list.
5. The Android 5.0 Lollipop now gives you more control over your notifications. You can even prioritize them through the settings menu like what notifications you would like to receive.
6. While the best feature about this OS is that the notifications will also appear in the lock screen. And you can even reply to your notifications without unlocking your phone.
7. Even the phone dialer app in Android 5.0 Lollipop gets a makeover. Now there is more white space with numbers that are blue in color and the borders have been removed too.
8. On the keyboard front too there are many tweaks made here. Now the keyboard here comes with dark text on white background. Even the keyboards now does not have any borders separating the letters for better visual experience of users.
9. It also offers Google’s new fitness tool, “Google Fit”. This app tracks all your stats from various fitness apps you use.
10. Last but not the least, the best thing about the new Android 5.0 Lollipop is its multiple user profile feature. This feature enables you to set multiple user profiles in your phone without giving another user access to your personal apps and data.
Hope you liked this post and feel free to comment and share this post with others.