Identify an Unknown Person using a Photograph
Well most of you guys just like me must be getting friend requests from unknown people. Most of the time it’s just a fake id with profile pictures too fancy to be real. And majority of us gets dazzled with these fancy friend requests. Which later turns out to be a fake one. So what’s the solution?What would you generally do when you want to identify an unknown person? Well! you would search the person’s name on Google and use the search results to gather information about him/her.
But this is not going to help you precisely. What if you got a photograph of the person you want to know about! This is where Google’s image search tool comes in handy.
It was really shocking for me when I asked my friends about Google’s image search tool. None of them actually knew about it. Well, Google’s image search tool is just a very simple and easy way to search about anything using an image as search query.This is just an example of one of the many things you can do with Google’s image search tool. According to your needs you can even put it into many other uses such as:
- Identify an unknown person or celebrity on the internet.
- Find out high-resolution photographs of a person.
- Determine whether a profile picture is fake or not.
- Find out if somebody else is using your photographs without your permission and a lot more.
Another reasons why I thought of making this guide is, currently there has been a steady rise of fake accounts on numerous social networking sites. Most of the times these fake account are made using a girls identity and the main intention behind creating these fake accounts is to dupe unsuspecting users and steal financial data from them. There has been many such cases so far and I hope this guide will help you identify a person using his/her photograph and determining whether the person is a fake or not.
Prerequisites: Make sure you have saved the person’s photograph on your computer. You can either save the photograph or even take a screenshot if necessary. And make sure you have a high-resolution or pretty clear photograph.
Here’s how you can use Google’s image search to identify a person using a photograph.
Identify an Unknown Person Using a Photograph
- Step 1: First of all go to Google’s image search: https://www.google.com/imghp
- Step 2: Click on the camera icon with the search box as indicated below.
- Step 3: In the pop-up that opens up, click on Upload an image and then click on Choose file to select the photograph you had saved.
- Step 4: Google will now search for similar images on the internet and provide you with a list of images that match with the image provided by you. If the person is famous, you would even get the person name.
Although you can’t expect the results to be 100% efficient but it will surely give you enough idea to figure out on your own. These results highly depend on the person’s popularity, but if the person has uploaded a lot his/her pictures online, you will definitely be able to identify him/her.
If you find a lot of similar picture in the search results, then definitely the social networking account associated with that photograph is a fake one.
PS: The images used above are just used as an example for tutorial purposes.
Hope you liked reading this article. So, be a part of our general awareness program. Share this post with your friends and well beings.